Friday, January 23, 2009

Rod Marinelli

Ok, still home, still sick.  Kinda bored, but have PS2 games to play.  Yeah, I know, PS2, old, but I already have it, so I'm using it.  Have a Wii, but that uses to much movement for me.  Maybe next week.  I could go onto my iMac, but it's downstairs in the basement, and it's cold down there.  

OK, Bears stuff:  Rod Marinelli.  Not sure what to think.  On one hand, he has been known as a good D coach, and I don't blame the whole Detroit Lions thing on him, but going from a head coach to a D-line coach?  Hmmm.  I hope for the best.  We need to really shore our Running D, and maybe he'll help.

Now, his comments to the Detroit Press at the Senior Bowl:  I don't blame him at all.  The Detroit press harassed the man constantly in Detroit, and I remember one of them asking an inappropriate question about one of his coach's, who happened to also be his Son-in-law.  So, he is done with Detroit, and he showed them that with his comments.  Now, he could have probably chose a better way to express hi feelings, but, in the heat of the moment, it happened.  I saw in a couple of places that there was some question of firing him.  Know, really, firing the man?  Good golly, why!  He made a small comment, apologized for it, and moved on.  What about the reporter that asked about his Coach Son-in-law?  Was he reprimanded?  Did he apologize?  Should he have been fired?  Get a grip, people.  This is life, people say things in the heat of the moment.  This is just stupid.

Next time, maybe about the Chicago Mayor commenting about having another Chicago NFL team...

No comments: